Mission, Goals & Values
Park City Day School builds character, champions academic excellence and instills a lifelong love of learning.
- Our challenging inter-disciplinary curriculum actively engages students and stretches them to explore their highest potential.
- Our inclusive community appreciates a diversity of religious, racial, cultural and socio economic backgrounds.
- Our teachers are passionate and intentional in their professional practice.
- Our learners collaborate and solve problems within a nurturing environment where they feel secure, valued and supported.
- Our parents and faculty commit as partners in the best interests of our children.
- Our students take initiative contributing value to the school’s daily life.
- Our adult role models and curious students actively engage with our rich local environment.
"Strive for five" School Values
Respect means listening quietly and looking at the person who is talking to you. – Sarah, Grade 3
Respect means being a good sport – Case, former PCDS Lower School student
Responsibility means if your dad buys you something you don’t lose it. – Cooper, Grade 5
I display responsibility by helping my mom, walking my dog and being honest. – Paul ,Grade 7
Teamwork means helping each other at clean up time. – Sami, former PCDS Lower School student
Teamwork means playing and working together with as many friends as you want it to be. – Phineas, Grade 1
Integrity means doing what’s right, honest and fair. – Orion, former PCDS Middle School student
Personal integrity means being honest and doing the right thing, even when it's hard to do. – Lina, Grade 6
Compassion is if my brother falls down, I'll say 'Are you OK' and then help him up– Jesse, Jr.Kindergarten
Compassion is empathy, love and mercy. People feel compassion for others even if they don’t know them. – Patrick, Grade 9 Graduate