Admissions Process and Requirements
The admissions process officially begins with the submission of a completed online application for enrollment and a $75 non-refundable application fee. Current immunization records and birth certificate, previous school records for students applying for grades 1-9, and teacher recommendations are required prior to admissions testing and interview.
All applicants and their parents/guardians should visit the School. This important part of the admissions process allows the School and family to become better acquainted. School tours are scheduled by appointment by contacting the Admissions Office at 435.649.2791 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students applying for grades 1-9 are given a basic entrance assessment. Early Childhood applicants (Preschool, Junior Kindergarten) and Kindergarten must complete a group observation prior to acceptance. Contact the Admissions Office at 435.649.2791 to register for testing or observation appointments. Please allow an hour for the scheduled Early Childhood observation, and one to two hours for the assessment for grades 1-9.
Applicants and parents will interview with the Head of School and appropriate Division Director. The interview usually takes place in the context of the family's initial visit to campus and during each applicant's visit for a shadow day at school. This interview is an opportunity for parents to ask questions and for the School to get to know the family better.
We encourage prospective students to spend a day with their prospective classes. This "shadow day" visit is at no obligation and gives the student and family a better idea of the culture of Park City Day School. Visits should be scheduled in advance with the Admissions Office at 435.649.2791.
Through the admission process, Park City Day School identifies students who demonstrate sound academic potential, intellectual curiosity and creativity, an emerging self-reliance and sincere concern for the needs of others; and who therefore can benefit from and contribute to our educational community. In the academic and behavioral assessment of a student’s fit for our school, the admissions process carefully considers the interests and needs of prospective students and their families in order to ensure a mutual and long-term “fit” between the School and students.
Each qualified child will be admitted on a space-available basis. Current students will receive priority for available space during the re-enrollment period. Beginning in March, after the re-enrollment period, new applicants will be offered space in classes with vacancies. Park City Day School reserves the right to accept students at its sole discretion. Applicants will not be considered until all the requirements have been completed.
Admissions Process Summary
- Online Application, references, previous School records, current immunization record and birth certificate, and $75 application fee submitted.
- Applicants for Preschool, Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten must be aged 3, 4, & 5 respectively by September 1. Preschool students must be potty trained.
- Admissions testing (grades 1-9).
- Early Childhood Observation (Preschool, JrK and Kindergarten)
- Family Interview
- Admissions Committee considers new student applications.
- Notification of admission decision.
- A student is considered enrolled when the $1,500 non-refundable tuition deposit has been paid in full and a completed and signed enrollment contract is on file.
- Testing results
- Impressions during the interview—appropriate student and family fit with the mission of the School
- Gender ratio in each grade/class
- Records/teacher recommendations
- Space availability
Park City Day School seeks a student body that is diverse and
well-rounded and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race,
color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, ethic or
national origin, in administration of its educational policies,
admissions, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, or other