Park City Day School relies upon your tax-deductible Annual Fund contribution to help provide an educational experience above and beyond what tuition covers. Your financial support helps make the difference between a strong academic program and a superior one. Your participation helps to ensure that PCDS has the resources it needs to provide an outstanding curriculum – including specialty programs in Spanish, Science, Visual and Performing Arts, Music, Foreign Language and Wellness – to promote self-confident, inquisitive, compassionate, enthusiastic and self-starting learners.
Last year’s Annual Fund campaign was comprised of gifts in all shapes and sizes – ranging from $10 to $25,000. Each and every donation helped make a positive impact in the life of our students and teachers. The 2017-18 Annual Fund provided necessary funding to the following:
AF FUNDING HIGHLIGHTS:
- New Instrumental Music Program -- launched partnership with “Arts Youth Empowerment” and hired a part-time music instructor; implemented music classes throughout the Lower and Middle School, including strings, songwriting, and ensemble.
- Expanding Outdoor Education Opportunities -- created part-time OE director position; new equipment purchased, including a second trailer and new tents; enhanced range of program offerings.
- Early Childhood Enhancements -- new full-time staff added; new programmatic opportunities in Wellness and Music; new furniture.
- Assuring a Program of Academic Excellence -- launched International Baccalaureate program with successful achievement of Primary Years Program candidacy; added supplementary math program; adopted teacher evaluation framework; applied for membership in “Round Square,” character education and experiential learning organization; hosted foreign students and sent four students and two staff to a Round Square conference in Colombia.
- Professional Development Opportunities for Faculty and Staff -- providing ongoing training for faculty and staff in areas such as International Baccalaureate, Teacher Evaluation Framework, Outdoor Education Risk Management and Enrollment Management.
2018-19 FUND FACTS:
This year’s Annual Fund Campaign will run from October 1 through November 9, culminating with Park City’s annual day of giving,, “Live PC/Give PC.”
- 95% Family Participation Goal
- As a 501(c)3 non-profit, your gift to the Annual Fund is tax deductible
- 100% Support from the PCDS Board of Trustees
- 100% Support from the Faculty and Staff
- Broad participation by the PCDS Community is as important as the gift itself. Every dollar and every family counts. Your gift makes a difference in the lives of PCDS students and teachers!
Development Committee 2018-19
Tiffany Lemons, PCDS Trustee and Development Chair
Jodi and Sherman Atkinson, Kelly and Craig Davis,
MS Annual Fund Co-Chairs LS Annual Fund Co-Chairs
Gretchen King, Kim Schofield,
Director of Advancement Advancement Associate
Alanna Darling, Christine Drage, Eyee Hsu, Jolie Iacobelli, Sharon Joyce & Michelle Parker