Strive for Five
Park City Day School students love coming to school because they feel nurtured, known, and challenged. We spend considerable time focusing on social emotional learning (SEL) as a key component of our academic program and educational philosophy. We believe students must feel physically and emotionally safe in order for them to thrive and grow to their fullest potential. From our buddy class program to our outdoor education trips, our students feel loved, supported, and challenged to be respectful and compassionate young people who embody our mission to lead a great and giving lives. We achieve this goal by implementing a holistic program that includes numerous keystone programs and services. Our graduates are self-assured, empathetic, and capable students - ready to change the world.
Social Emotion Learning Program Components
- Regular buddy classes
- Weekly All-School Community Assemblies
- Round Square curriculum
- Service projects
- Responsive Classroom morning meetings, equity circles, Harkness discussions, and Socratic teaching methods.
- House system
- Strive for Five "High Fives"
- Team-building initiatives
- Outdoor education trips
- Dean of Students and a Learning Specialist on staff