Park City Day School relies upon your tax-deductible Annual Fund contribution to help provide an educational experience above and beyond what tuition covers. Your financial support helps make the difference between a strong academic program and an excellent one. Your participation ensures that PCDS has the resources it needs to provide an outstanding curriculum – including specialty programs in STEAM, Foreign Language, Visual and Performing Arts, Music, Wellness, and Outdoor Education.
Last year’s Annual Fund campaign was comprised of gifts in all shapes and sizes – ranging from $10 to $20,000. Each and every donation helps to make a positive impact in the life of our students and teachers. The 2019-20 Annual Fund will provide necessary funding to the following:
ANNUAL FUND HIGHLIGHTS:
- Assuring a Program of Academic Excellence -- $50,000 will support the continued implementation of the International Baccalaureate program (both PYP and MYP) -- including professional development and training for faculty & staff; French, philosophy, STEAM, and diversity, equity, and inclusion classes have been added to middle school course offerings; and the addition of Fountas & Pinnell phonics, spelling, and word literacy curriculum for grades K-3.
- Library -- the purchase of 3,000 books to increase the library portfolio to 6,000 titles; in addition, we will be developing a Middle School satellite library.
- Outdoor Education Opportunities -- expansion of program offerings in all grades PS-8th; the purchase of new tents and camping equipment; additional trips for 5th-8th graders; increased Outdoor Education curriculum for Preschool-2nd Grade.
- Round Square -- opportunities for middle school students to participate in leadership conferences, international travel, and cultural exchanges. This year's offerings include a trip to Thailand; a student conference in Victoria, British Columbia, and student exchanges in the United Kingdom and Colombia.
- Nursery -- the addition of a nursery to provide exceptional childcare to our Faculty's infants/toddlers.
2019-20 FUND FACTS:
This year’s Annual Fund Campaign will run from October 1 through November 8, culminating with Park City’s annual day of giving,, “Live PC/Give PC.”
- 100% Family Participation Goal
- As a 501(c)3 non-profit, your gift to the Annual Fund is tax deductible
- 100% Support from the PCDS Board of Trustees
- 100% Support from the Faculty and Staff
- Broad participation by the PCDS Community is as important as the gift itself. Every dollar and every family counts. Your gift makes a difference in the lives of PCDS students and teachers!
Development Committee 2019-20
Kimberly Heglar, PCDS Trustee and Development Chair
Mark & Melinda Gunton and Derek & Jenn Marley
2019 Annual Fund Co-Chairs
Alanna Darling, Allison de Windt Hull, Christine Drage, Eyee Hsu, Jolie Iacobelli, Sharon Joyce, Jessica Laversin, Chandler Lund, Allison Modano, Dusty Morgan, & Elmira Shojai